1. Develop Brand Strategy
① Work with country cross functional brand team and collaborate with RMO to develop the local brand strategy.
② Propose strategic options, in alignment to the Regional Brand Plan (where appropriate).
③ Work towards maximizing growth opportunities whilst optimizing resources.
④ Perform analyses to understand and communicate the impact of trade-offs from key marketing decisions.
2. Responsible for Brand Financial Performance
① Provide initial budget plans and sales forecast for brands.
② Accountable for overall profitability and financial viability of the brands.
③ Responsible for regularly brand tracking and monitoring.
④ Plans for corrective actions and resource re-allocations when necessary.
3. Act as Brand champion with internal and external stakeholders
① Managing / leading cross functional project team
② Training sales teams on product knowledge and strategy (key selling messages, etc.).
③ Developing and managing market and competitive intelligence through regular customer interaction (field visits, meetings, conferences…). Determine their impact to his/her products.
④ Develop hypotheses of customer behaviors and attitudes, and seek cost-effective ways to validate these
4. Manage the Marketing Plan
① Develop the brand plan with appropriate alignment to the regional brand plan.
② Develop promotional materials/activities/programs that are consistent with the approved product strategy.
③ Deliver the programs that appropriately describe customer experience and brand promise as outlined in the Brand Benefit Edge.
④ Build innovative and integrated marketing campaigns; and ensure effective and efficient execution in the country. Examples of the activities he/she are responsible for executing are developing sales materials, guiding sales force messaging, organizing symposia, market research, education/training initiatives, regional speaker tours, PR activities, pricing & reimbursement strategy, KOL management, advisory boards/expert meetings, scientific publication.
⑤ Manage brand communications to the sales forces, thought leaders and external agencies to ensure consistency of execution in the message delivery.
⑥ Track and monitor implementation of the brand plan and makes mid-stream deviations when necessary.
5. Ensure Ethical and Compliant Behavior
① Ensure all activities supporting the Brand/s are compliant with legal requirements in the respective country and Bayer Corporate guidelines and regulations.
② Communicate Bayer’s standards of Business Ethics and Compliance to both internal and external customers.
• Master or Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Biology and Chemistry
• At least 3 years Product Marketing experience in Specialty Medicine (e.g. rare disease)
• Experience in MNC Pharma industry preferred
• Commercial acumen and understanding of business financials
• Results oriented, resourceful, independent.
• Collaboration, interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills.
• Excellent in verbal and written English, in addition to local language (as applicable).